Monday, September 7, 2009

REFLECTIoNS

We’ve been blessed here in SE Wisconsin with the most beautiful Labor Day Weekend weather I can remember. Being that I’ll be 49 on Wednesday…you can formulate your own opinion. Perfect motorcycling weather!
Riding down the back roads, meeting up with the fire of a maple tree, already turning brilliant red, takes my breath away. I love the Medicine it gives me; the site of it automatically eases the throttle and effortlessly forces my mind to take a break from its incessant chatter. The timing is always perfect!
There was a rally in Milwaukee this weekend, thus a shit load of motorcycles buzzing constantly; parties every where. I wonder how many of the thousands of motorcyclists on the road never even took delight in the magic of the maple trees or the beauty that surrounded them as they traveled from party to party. Motorcycling is such a perfect way to connect with nature and your soul and I guess, a lot of riders are missing that.
When I first started riding 19 years ago, I thought the party scene was where “it” was at. The more I got out in the big wide open, the untouched wilderness, the more my soul resonated with the experience…and the further I drifted away from the crowds. I discovered “it” was somewhere a lot of people never go…clueless…afraid to go where the crowd doesn’t…I’m not sure.
What I am sure of is when you let go of what you think you’re supposed to be doing, and let your heart lead you to what your soul truly desires, you find maple tress around every corner and you begin to see life with child-like wonder and amazement…even at 49.

No comments: