Friday, September 11, 2009

BIRTH DAYS

BIRTH DAYS

49 on 9-9-09…there’s something magical about that! Perhaps 29 0n 9-9-09 would sound even more magical, but I wouldn’t be as smart as I am right now. Perhaps I’d be a lot quicker on the keyboard using ten digits as opposed to two and I’d probably be far more savvy on this computer…but hell, here I am at 49 with the same life mission I’ve had since I can remember; wanting my voice to be heard. I shut that voice up for a LONG time because I believed what other people thought and choked the voice of my own heart.

At 49, I see every day as a birth-day; I experience the birth of something daily…lately it’s been something else I need to learn on the computer. (I think we’ll start to see a significant decline in the coming years, of Alzheimer’s and dementia. It’s nearly impossible to have an idle mind in the world today.) There’s so much to learn and take in. Some I want to, some I have to in order to thrive. I find myself needing to schedule time to have an idle mind. That’s when I get out on my motorcycle, or the forest running trail to connect with my natural environment and weed out the “should’s”, giving my heart the space to speak. And without fail, giving my self that experience always gives birth to something new, along with the desire to let the voice of my heart be heard.

No comments: